A very tired Holly getting ready to head to The Corner Office for a 9am PSU kickoff.
It's week 31 and, physically, I'm starting to feel increasingly lethargic. I suppose my busy schedule, as of late, isn't really helping. Between adding new clients, taking on more articles, coordinating volunteer attendance to local college fairs for PSU and continuing to get LJ's room all set for him, time is a very valuable thing!
Yesterday was action-packed. We got up bright and early to head to the PSU viewing party. It was yet another blowout over Temple. 45-3, I think? We sold our tickets to my little cousin Amber who just started at Temple this semester. I hope she had a good time despite the annihilation. I hate to say it, but the viewing party was rather boring. Next week (vs. Illinois) should be a different story since it's the Big Ten opener- not to mention a game that starts at a humane time!
After the game, we went to pick up LJ's night stand. It was too big to fit in our car last weekend, so our pal Meredith drove over with us in her SUV. But the drama doesn't end here. The runner on the bottom drawer was defective, so we need to have them replace the bottom drawer. Ugh! Since it's a special order, it may be another 4-10 weeks before it arrives. But the good thing is that they're taking care of replacement. They'll deliver the new piece when it's in and take away the defective drawer. That's convenient. At least we don't have to worry about getting an SUV to pick up another! So, the piece is now in the room...just without its drawer!
Last evening, we went to The Taste of Newport festival. What a show! It's always fun to people watch in Newport! Especially at an event that involves lots of alcohol! We saw a Journey cover band and then....highlight of our weekend....the STYX concert! It was hysterical! Steve really enjoyed it, which is good because I'd been talking up their shows since seeing them in the 'burgh last summer. They played a lot of "deep cuts," but played their well-known songs too. What a show! Between the band and the people, it was hard to know what to look at! As predicted, "Renegade" was the encore song. Fantastic! :-)
But today I am paying. I feel like somebody ran over me. My feet ache from standing, my knee is sore. My back and shoulders feel like I'm carrying rocks. But luckily the Steelers are on TV for me today! So I am taking advantage of this time to get some much needed rest and relaxation! As usual, we've got another busy week ahead! Time is just going so quickly! It's unbelievable. (Breckin turns one a month from day! Can you believe it?)

No comments:
Post a Comment