Well, call me crazy, but when I look at this baby's face, the shape of Steve's head is clear as a bell to me! Our ultrasound tech said that "all babies look the same at this point." But I don't know... I see the perfect outline of Steve's very distinctive head! As long as he also has his nose and not mine, we'll be in good shape! :-)Went to the doctor for what I assumed would be just another boring "How are you feeling? Good, see you next week" appointment. But it was a bit more eventful than that. Had a pelvic exam. Nothing awful, but reminded me that all too soon there's going to be a LOT more poking and prodding than that. Made me feel a bit nervous for the first time. We heard his heartbeat again. It started up around 162 when we first listened in, but then he settled down to somewhere in the 150's. (I swear I heard him having gas while we were listening...but what do I know? hehe)
The doctor THOUGHT he had turned, and is now head down. But figured it was safer to just do an ultrasound to confirm. He has flipped and is now situated just as he should be. He's sideways, with his legs and arms poking into my right side (which I feel regularly) but she says he should be just fine to settle into the "normal" position when it's time. Speaking of "time" she says I've not yet begun to dilate or show any signs of labor. This is good. I'm content to let him stick it out for the next 4 weeks or so. No problem!
She did mention that his estimated weight is about 5 lbs 12 oz and asked if either Steve or I were big babies. We weren't. (Around 7 lbs some-odd-ounces each) That's only about 8 oz. above the "average" 5 lb. 4oz. that all the baby calendars are telling me, so I'm not overly concerned.
It was a fun, unexpected event. We were glad to get another good look at LJ before we see him in person....ALL TOO SOON!

1 comment:
Awesome news. I can't really tell either way who he looks like. But, you aren't crazy....Noah looked exactly like Brennon to me and it was the case when he was born. It's really amazing how detailed the ultrasounds are. Glad you are doing well and are in the home stretch. The time has gone so quickly.
Post a Comment