
Holy cow! I'm getting big! Double holy cow! Penn State is 7-0!!!
We woke up to a very chilly 60 degrees this morning. There was a nice breeze blowing through the house and it felt cool for the first time since who knows when. It was bliss! Socks, sweatshirts, cold noses. It was perfect weather, in my opinion! And it stayed that way all day. Even this evening, there's a definite chill in the air. I can't wait to crawl into bed and sleep in this cool weather! But...I won't get too used to it. It's supposed to go back to the 80's later this week. I'll enjoy my "fall" while I have it!
Meanwhile, we still have a few things to organize, but by and large, Lukasz's room is ready! His clothes are all washed up and ready for him. We've got to start putting some things, such as his swing and bouncy seat, etc. together for him. Once those boxes are out of the way, his room will feel "finished." This week we hung a fish net and I made some fish out of foamy, spongy stuff to "catch" in the net. It all helped hide the drywall screws that I refused to move! :-)
Steve and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary on Thursday. We had a nice dinner at our favorite restaurant, Marche Modern. He called ahead and set up a special tasting menu for us. It was wonderful, as always. Actually, it was BETTER than usual. It was a really special night. I attempted to surprise Steve with a couple of rare bottles of wine for his collection. But, he came across the receipt in my wallet (my own fault, really) and the cat was out of the bag a few days early. We got a good laugh out of it. But he did pull off a surprise for me. He bought me a PSU rocking chair. It will reside in the baby's room for now... for awhile. Once he's mobile (and chewing on furniture!) it will move to our room! It's going to look great. I was really surprised and I've always wanted one. It was a great anniversary gift!
Another win for the good guys! PSU rolled over Wisconsin tonight...48-7, I think. We're now7-0. Unbelievable! What a fun season we're having. We're enjoying it so much! This is our first 7-0 start since 1999! It's so much fun to win. We come home after each game and fly our PSU flag outside. No matter how this season pans out, it's so great to be on top again! Brings back great memories of the Rose Bowl and being a student. It's a special season!
I continue to feel pretty good and feel I can't really complain. I'm physically tired quite often. And sometimes I'm uncomfortable when I stand, or sit, for a length of time. But by and large, I still cannot help but feel blessed and lucky that this has been a very easy pregnancy. I'm in a good mood, I'm mobile and still having fun getting out of the house. I'm also enjoying rest and naps as often as I can since I know my days are numbered. It's very difficult to engage my abdominal muscles to get up from a lying down position. Momentum is my friend. And it's worse at the end of the day than it is early in the day. But I have a feeling this was to be expected. I can still fit behind the steering wheel. That's a plus!

1 comment:
"chewing on furniture". OMG, that cracked me up. Dear, you are having a baby, not a puppy... I am just kidding. That just struck me funny somehow!! You look great and so does the room!!
Post a Comment