We had a nice Easter weekend, despite the fact that we were still on pins and needles waiting for word about Steve's potential job. We couldn't help but feel like the slow process was a bad sign, and we began to panic.
We should have know to keep our faith in God- that he'd take care of us. On Tuesday of this week, Steve received an offer for the management position- which of course he accepted! He's the new Zone Director for Shire's Minneapolis West zone. He'll oversee a team of 9-10 sales reps in Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan and part of Illinois. We are moving to Cedar Rapids, Iowa!
We're still reeling from all the excitement, and we don't know all of the details of the actual move just yet. We know Steve will begin a crazy travel schedule on 4/27. So, in the meantime, we're celebrating. We're going as a family to Maui on Friday for a week of total relaxation and decompression! Yes, times may have been tight recently. And the economy might still be in shambles. But we are taking advantage of this time to do something amazing. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that our flights are free! Frequent flier miles!) Besides, might as well take advantage of our proximity to the islands while we can!
We're excited, elated, relieved, rejuvenated, and ready to go!
I'll leave my thoughts on leaving California for another time, as it doesn't feel appropriate to start thinking about the things I'll miss while I'm feeling so joyful about what's to come. I'm just going to enjoy every last remaining moment as a Californian since it won't last long.
Midwest...here we come!

1 comment:
Congratulations! I knew it would work out!
Post a Comment