We are still waiting for word on the job situation from Shire. We're trying to be upbeat, but with every day that passes, it becomes more and more challenging.
Steve's been in regular communication with the powers that be, and they keep telling him to "be patient" and "bear with us." So, obviously there is a hold-up of sorts.
A former Pfizer colleague said it best to Steve. He said he understands Steve's worry because they all suffer from Pfizer-induced Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Ain't that the truth! If there was an excuse, Steve's dealt with it. Hiring freezes...lateral moves...you name it. So until there is an offer and a signature on the dotted line, there is no reason to assume there is a job.
On the bright side, we loved Iowa. We loved the "small town" feel of Cedar Rapids and we really loved the size of the homes we were looking at. Steve found a country club he's interested in and we're excited at the prospect of giving Lukasz the kind of life he deserves- the kind of life it would be hard to give here in SoCal with the outrageous cost of living. It might be cold (okay, it was REALLY cold!) but there is no traffic. There are seasons- something I miss dearly. The airport is nearby and a 38-minute flight to Chicago will take me anyplace in the world I want to go. The people were nice and beyond friendly and we feel we could fit in very well and be very, very happy.
So, Easter prayers for a miracle! We're doing our best to remain positive and upbeat, hoping that next week will bring a new adventure and a path to a new home!

No comments:
Post a Comment